Modern Day Exorcist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Welcome Reality With A Twist! {{MDA Sister Forum}}

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1) SITE RULES

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shitochi
Admin
Shitochi

1) SITE RULES Empty
PostSubject: 1) SITE RULES   1) SITE RULES I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:54 pm

GENERAL

RATED M FOR MATURE
MDE is not your G-rated Disney fantasy land. This site contains violence, vulgarity, and other content not suitable for younger audiences. Mild sexual themes are allowed here, but keep any graphic sexual content away from the boards.

BEHAVIOR
Be respectful of everyone on this site whether it be another member, a staff member, or a guest. You do not have to like everyone here, but you do have to show common courtesy. Insults, biases, and just plain rude remarks are not tolerated from anyone.

YOUR FIRST POST
Until your character has been accepted, you should only be posting in the Creation board. I'll make exceptions for OOC posting like introductions or hiatuses, games, and the like; but any in-character posts should not be made until your character is accepted.

ACCOUNTS

USERNAMES
Your username must be your character's name and should not contain any symbols or foreign characters. "Jane Doe" is a-okay; "sparkle pony" and "jane {doe}" are not acceptable.

ACCOUNT PER CHARACTER
Each of your characters should be on their own, separate account, not grouped together under the same one. There are no exceptions.

ACTIVITY
Once you create an account here, you have two weeks to post your character's profile. If you haven't posted by the end of two weeks, your account will be deleted. Members must post in the away board if they plan on being in-active for longer than one week. Activity checks will be held once a month for accepted characters. Unless you post an away topic, you are expected to participate.

CHARACTERS

CHARACTER LIMIT
There is a four character limit on MDE. Your first character is free, but each character after that costs a certain amount of points. Check out the Points thread for more information on that matter. You are also limited to two canon characters, and are required to post at least once a week with each or you risk having them taken away.

MARY SUE & GARY STU
I do not want to see characters whose faults are either minimal or non-existent compared to their strengths, and I do not want to see perfection personified. Give your characters depth and don't be afraid to make a Hephaestus instead of an Adonis.

CARBON COPIES
This only pertains to characters that have a face-claim from a copyrighted character. A carbon copy is a character who is identical (or at least highly similar) to their face-claim. I will ask you to revise your application if I think your character is too similar to their chosen face-claim.

GRAPHICS

FACE CLAIM
Face-claims are 100% optional. If you do decide to use one, know that only artwork is acceptable, not real people. You may use animanga characters, images you have drawn yourself or artwork done by another with the artist's permission. You may not use celebrities, models, etc.

Avatars should be 150x200 pixels in size, no more and no less. Signatures must not stretch the board or be obnoxiously tall (Preferably 500x100, lengthwise). Avatar and signature content must abide by the ToS of the site. If your character has a faceclaim, their avatar must be said faceclaim.

GRAPHICS HELP?
Sometimes it can be a little difficult finding a face to match your character, or finding/making graphics. If you want help, just ask in the c-box or Artwork board.

POSTING

WORD LIMIT
Due to people only writing like, one sentence, per post on the original MDA site, the 'word' count rule is being put in place for the time being. All members are expected to type posts of AT LEAST 150 words long. You can copy-pasta your post into a word document or something similar, and find the 'word count' option in the tool menu to check. I'd also like to warn you that, specifically, I WILL BE CHECKING. Every week from now on I'll go around and read all of the posts on the site, and harass you if you're not following the rule.

SPELLING & GRAMMAR
If you use Firefox, there should already be a spell-check built into your browser. If not, you can always copy-pasta it into a word document to fix it. Use this and also re-read your posts before you finally send them off for us to read. I'm not a grammar or spelling nazi and will let things slide pretty easily, but when a post is littered with errors or difficult to understand because of poor spelling/grammar, I will ask you to edit things. (After all, how many times have he read the word 'beign' and thought you said 'begin' when you meant 'being', yes?)

DECORATION
A lot of people like making their posts pretty in one way or another. This is perfectly fine. There are just a few things I'd rather not see. First, don't center or right-align IC posts. Next, I'm fine with people making small headers for their posts, but you may not use giant images or other obnoxious headers. Stick to small images, please (100x100 max). And finally, colouring or bolding/italicizing dialogue and thoughts are fine. Coloring or bolding/italicizing/underlining entire posts is not fine.

ROLEPLAY FOULS

POWER-PLAYING
The act of controlling another person's character or NPC they've created without the player's permission. Some people are more lenient than others about this roleplay foul, and some people plan ahead of time to have certain actions take place, in which case it is alright for a character to momentarily take the wheel. However, unless a player has deemed it okay for you to do so, I don't want to see this happening.

GOD-MODDING
The act of making your character unstoppable and/or ridiculously powerful. This, in my experience, tends to be the most often roleplaying sin committed. People don't want their characters to lose, and so pull ridiculous material out of thin air to keep them on top. This isn't fair. Your character, just like everyone else's characters, is capable of losing and failing. They are not all-powerful. They are not The One. They are mortal and have their own strengths and weaknesses, which should affect them and not just be tossed aside during a time when such weakness will actually hinder them.

METAGAMING
The act of using knowledge that is not available to your character in order to change the way you play him or her. Just because the information is there (character profiles, for example), doesn't make it okay for your character to know all of it. That information is for the players, not the characters. Knowing a character's name the first time your character sees them is not good role playing. You can't know a character without meeting a character. Yes, sometimes players create relationships between characters before ever actually roleplaying, and that is perfectly fine... as long as both parties agree to it.
Back to top Go down
https://mdexorcist.rpg-board.net

1) SITE RULES
Page 1 of 1